As a member you get:
- a share in Co-op
- 2p for every £1 back when you buy selected Co-op branded products and services, with the same going to community causes
- exclusive member deals in our food stores
- personalised weekly offers via the Co-op App and coop.co.uk/offers
- exclusive member prices and discounts across our family of businesses such as Insurance, Funeralcare and Legal Services
And, as a colleague member, you also get:
- discounts on a range of Co-op products and services
- discounts on branded products in our food stores at payday events
- exclusive colleague member deals in our food stores
- a discount card for someone who lives with you, known as a partner card
You’ll be told about deals, discounts and benefits on the colleague site, through colleague communication channels and direct membership emails or mail.
Join millions of other members and play your part in helping the environment. Plus, be the first to hear about exclusive member deals and discounts. Update your details online and tick to receive emails.
Who can become a colleague member?
You can become a colleague member if you’re a permanent Co-op colleague, including:
- part time and fixed term contracts
- Co-op Academy colleagues employed by the Co-op Academies Trust colleagues away from work for periods of time e.g. colleagues on maternity leave or long-term sick
You can’t become a colleague member if you’re an agency colleague or contractor.
You can become a colleague member by:
- converting your existing membership into a colleague membership by calling 0800 023 4708
- paying £1 to become a colleague member online or by calling 0800 023 4708
On retirement colleagues 55+ following 10+ years’ service or aged 50+ with 25+ years’ service are able to keep their colleague membership.
Colleague member discount and exclusive member deals
Our exclusive member deals are such great value, we can’t offer the colleague member discount on top.
The only exception is when the colleague member discount is greater than the exclusive member discount. In these instances, the till will apply the colleague discount instead of the exclusive member deal price.
Colleague member discount and personalised offers
Personalised offers can be redeemed in the same transaction as the colleague member discount.
However, in the case of a spend threshold offer (e.g. £1 off £10) then the colleague discount will be applied before the till checks whether the spend threshold has been met.
If the colleague discount reduces the basket value below the spend required, the personalised offer won’t be applied.
Colleague member discount and home delivery
You can use your colleague member discount when buying groceries online at shop.coop.co.uk, either for home delivery or collection from your local Co-op food store. Just check the website to see if the service is available in your area.
Colleague member discount and a partner card
If you’re a colleague member, you can request a partner card for somebody who lives with you. This could be your spouse, child, flatmate or anyone else living at your address.
Partner card holders get the same discount in Co-op food stores and franchises as colleague members. If the person you give it to is also a member, they can use it with their own membership card to continue to earn their member rewards.
Where can’t partner cards be used?
Partner cards can only be used in Co-op food stores.
They can’t be used:
- online at www.shop.coop.co.uk
- when purchasing Co-op products through Deliveroo or other third-party platforms
- when purchasing Co-op products through independent co-operatives when purchasing Co-op products through other retailers
Get a partner card
To order a partner card call 0800 023 4708.
Colleague membership and partner card rules
By using your colleague membership card, you agree to the terms and conditions of being a Co-op Member and you agree to follow the rules of colleague membership set out in this policy.
- colleague membership, and the discounts and benefits it gives you, are for your use only and should only be used on things for your own purpose You mustn’t give, lend or sell your card to anyone else to use, including your physical, digital and key fob cards, other than for funeral and funeral plan discounts
- colleague members are offered discounts on funerals and funeral plans for immediate family. In this instance it’s okay to give your membership number to a qualifying family member for them to use it for this purpose only
- your signature on your physical colleague membership card may be checked when you buy something to confirm the card belongs to you You must never let customers use your colleague membership card or number, or use it for you to earn benefits from their shopping
- colleague discount will only be applied to your purchase if you are able to show your physical, digital or key fob card, or provide your number when shopping online
- colleague member discounts and benefits cannot be applied after the purchase
- you mustn’t buy things using your colleague membership card to resell them. If you buy items in bulk, we may investigate this, as it could be a sign that you’re buying items for sale or for other people
- you mustn’t give your partner card to someone who doesn’t live at the same address as you
- the person you give your partner card to mustn’t give, lend or sell your partner card to anyone else to use, or use it to buy things to resell.
We might check the signature on your partner card check they are the person who you’ve given the card to
- you are responsible for the use of your partner card, so make sure you tell the person you give it to about the rules of using it
If we suspect that you’ve misused your colleague membership card or that your partner card has been misused, we’ll take this seriously and investigate in line with the Disciplinary Policy. It could result in disciplinary action being taken, including summary dismissal, and your membership card being taken away.
If your card is lost or stolen
Call 0800 023 4708 to get a replacement.
For more about how membership works visit coop.co.uk/membership