Discounts on Co-op Insurance
Last reviewed on 30 September 2020
As a colleague member you can get discounts on Co-op Insurance.
What discount you’ll get
When you take out a new policy, every year you’ll get:
- 15% off car insurance every year* (phone only)
- 25% off home insurance every year* (phone only)
- 10% off travel insurance
- 20% off pet insurance every year
- 10% off life insurance for the term of the policy
- 10% off a MOT or service per booking
- Discounts on UK and European breakdown cover
*Subject to change
You won’t get the discount on any optional extras you choose when you buy car, travel or pet insurance.
How to get your discount
You’ll need to be a Co-op colleague member at the time you buy your insurance.
To claim your discount on:
- car insurance call 0800 011 3359
- home insurance call 0800 011 3379
- travel insurance call 0330 400 1678 (quote ‘COLLEAGUE10’) or apply online quoting your colleague membership number
- pet insurance call 0330 102 1668 (quote code ‘COPST’) or apply online quoting your colleague membership number
- MOT and service discount get a quote online at https://www.fixter.co.uk/co-op and enter your car registration and colleague membership number
- Breakdown cover call 0800 028 2159 (quote ‘CMA101’) or apply online, using the code ‘CMA101’ in the ‘Offer code’ box
You’ll need to have your colleague membership number handy when you call.
If you already have a Co-op Insurance policy
These offers can’t be applied to an existing policy, so you’ll need to take out a new policy to get a colleague member discount.
- if you already have Co-op home insurance, any additional no claims discounts of 30% or more will revert back to 30% when you take out a new policy
- if you already have Co-op car insurance, any additional no claims discounts of 70% or more will revert back to 70% when you take out a new policy
If you already have a Select Plus Pet policy and take out a new policy:
- there is no cover for any illness which starts in the first 14 days of the policy, or any pre-existing conditions
- there is no cover for any cost relating to an illness or injury that occurred before the new policy started
This is in addition to any specific exclusions on your policy.
If you leave Co-op
Your discount will continue to apply for the life of your policy.
Terms and conditions
The current discounts and offers do not form part of your employment terms and conditions.
Co-op Insurance reserves the right to update, change or remove the offers at any time.
Applicants for insurance are subject to normal underwriting criteria.
Calls may be monitored or recorded for security and training purposes.
Co-op Insurance is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.