Our ambition is to help young Co-op colleagues aged 16-30 shine in their careers by providing opportunities to support their progression: we do this by providing them with training, networking, and development opportunities.
We firmly believe in ‘generations working together’ and invite colleagues from all ages to join the network, get involved in our workshops and events and support young people with their development. Our network is about all ages co-operating, collaborating and learning from each other, creating a more inclusive Co-op for everyone and giving young colleagues the resources and guidance to build their career at the Co-op.
There is no cost to join.
Why get involved?
By supporting Strive you can:
- Learn about different careers at Co-op and hear from senior leaders about their journey
- Share new ideas and raise through our reverse mentoring programme. Reverse mentoring recognises that there are skills gaps on both sides, and that each colleague can address their weaknesses with the help of the other's strengths. For example, a younger colleague can pass new skills and ideas up the corporate ladder, and a senior colleague can become a role model or a career coach
- Support the Co-op with being employer of choice’ in the North West for young people leaving education
- Work with HR to create more transparent and inclusive policies
- Share your success stories
- Raise awareness of issues that affect young colleagues
- Expand your professional network
- Learn new skills from our workshops