Last reviewed on 18 July 2019
Here at the Co-op we recognise the valuable support and service that trade unions can provide our colleagues. This information explains which trade unions we recognise in different parts of our Co-op.
The Union for Shop, Distributive and Allied Workers (Usdaw) is one of Britain's largest trade unions with over 430,000 members nationwide.
Usdaw is recognised for collective bargaining purposes for:
- Food stores,
- FLS (excluding the coffin and masonry factories),
- Support Centre (formerly the clerical and managerial agreement)
- Logistics warehouses
- Logistics drivers (jointly with Unite)
Unite is recognised for collective bargaining purposes in the following areas:
- Logistics drivers (jointly with Usdaw)
- Co-op Insurance for colleagues in Grade D and below
- Coffin production and Masonry operations within Funeralcare